Friday, December 23, 2011

Poetry

So it's Christmas and I was thinking I should upload something in the spirit of the season....But I got nothing other than, God is good and I rejoice in His humility!

Instead here's a song I wrote when I was in a very comfortable dark place.


Reading too Deep

I’m lost in a world of no sound
Speak no words to me for I am deaf to you.
Tossing and turning in this breaking silence
Where lightning falls without noise.

With shelves and desks scattered with books,
You would think I would learn.
With my mind full of fire and thought,
You’d think I could start to function,
But the tower is always falling.
I’ve analysed myself countless times,
That I’m numb to my need for you,
Now I’m reading into things you never said,
Into dusty words long since discarded.

In a city that shatters with every breath,
Pillars of white powder, so very fragile.
Spinning and stirring in this broken skin,
Where oceans can never reach.

Dissecting every syllable till they’re dry;
Asleep in a sea of dirt.
Every word dissolves,
As it drains through my fingers.


- tom

No comments:

Post a Comment