Sunday, December 25, 2011

Salt Water (Sorry; no Photo)

Once again, like my last post I am holding back on the photography (mostly because I haven't actually taken a single photo in about 4 months) and replacing it with some poetry!

This concept was written at a stage where I could finally see light and healing begin to seep into my life and I felt like I was beginning to breathe for the first time. Part of the inspiration, particularly for the lyrical style, came from the wonderful jazz/folk/alternative singer/songwriter, Katie Noonan who you remember from the band George (check her out, she is an AMAZING singer).

Anyway, I hope you enjoy!


Salt Water

In the briny water you hold my hands,
And wash away the dirt.
Brush away these stains, the shadows beneath my eyes;
They are the remnants of the longest night.

Wash through my eyes, my mind, my heart,
Let salt water rust the chains.
Scrub the wounds you know too well,
I see them on your face and hands.

After laying in the gutter,
Where smoke cascaded in my head
Where leaves festered in my heart, it feels so good to know
That, finally, the cuts can be seen.

Thank You.



- tom

No comments:

Post a Comment