Monday, January 23, 2012

London Fog

Happy 24th of January guys! Today is a wonderful day because I discovered a great new way of enjoying my cup of tea which, I'm sure at this point in my blog you realise this is a big thing for me! This wonderful concept is called London Fog, which is essentially a tea gone latte style with a dash of vanilla! One word resonates in my mind; YUMMY!!!

Steam your milk with a dash of vanilla extract/essence or vanilla syrup/flavouring so that you have a thin, fine froth, pour it through your lose leaf tea infuser (which, of course, will contain tea), and voila! You have a warm, sweet, and light cup of London Fog!

It's traditionally enjoyed as an Earl Grey (or T2 French Earl Grey as I had it), but the person who introduced it to me today loved it with Monk Pear so go mad with the experiments! I know I will be.

Unfortunately I didn't have a camera to document this momentous occasion so I thumbed through my old photo archives for the foggiest photo I could find; I think this will suffice...




Thanks Andy for the great chat and for introducing me to this wonderful way of enjoying creation!

 * * * *

Note: I tried this for the first time at home today and I would just like to say that it's still wonderful! But vanilla syrup or flavour works much better than essence. Also, make sure your milk is hot enough for the tea to infuse and give it at least four minutes to steep. Enjoy!


- tom

No comments:

Post a Comment